WHAT ARE MINERALS
So in this article we will tell you that What are minerals, Minerals classification and Minerals functions-
What are minerals?? Mineral elements are found in very small amounts in our body. 4% of our body is made of mineral, yet the minerals is very important for various physical activity. They do not have synthesis in the body, so it is very important to take this into your diet.Healthy bones, teeth and muscles require minerals and many minerals functions. A total of 24 mineral elements are found in our body, out of which 19 mineral elements are very important. These minerals are helpful in many important functions of our body. Let’s know about its classification-
Also Check This-
CLASSIFICATION OF MINERALS
MINERALS FOUND IN EXCESS QUANTITY
MINERALS FOUND IN LOW QUANTITY
- Calcium→ is helpful in the growth and development of our bones and teeth. It helps in blood clotting. Found in – milk, egg, yogurt, green vegetable and citrus fruit.
- Potassium→ is one of the best essential minerals in the diet. It is helpful in maintaining the amount of water in the blood and tissues. Its main source-banana, tomato, green vegetable, peanuts, citrus fruit.
- Sodium→ is helpful in maintaining the balance of the acid in the body and it also helps in muscular functioning. Found in Pickles and salt.
- Magnesium→ maintains and repairs the body cells. Found in meat, brown rice and beans.
- Phosphorus→ helps in the formation of bones and teeth. Found in egg, fish and milk.
- Iodine→ produces thyroid gland and thyroxine called hormone. It is also helpful for proper growth and development. Main sources salt, fish and sea foods.
- Iron→ is very important in the production of hemoglobin. Due to its deficiency anaemia becomes. Its is found in- meat, egg, dry fruits, spinach, banana and green vegetables.
- Chromium→ stimulates the action of insulin. Its deficiency can lead to diabetes. Found in Black gram, soyabean, tomato, millet, tide and peanuts.
- Copper→ It helps iron in the formation of hemoglobin. It is found in eggs, pulses and green leafy vegetables.
- Cobalt→ It protects against bloodlessness and is found in green leafy vegetables, milk and meat.
- Zinc→ It increases the body’s immune system and is also helpful in the treatment of cold. It is found in milk, dry fruits, pulses and milk products.
Also check this- What is food